Tuesday, April 14, 2009

1.
Name of your company, a short paragraph describing what your company manufactures/sells and the target audience for the product.
My company’s name is Duel. We sell both ipod related merchandise and records. Our store’s target audience is for young adults. Our store is filled with all a lot of musical items musical references.
2.
Review the processes that Jacob Cass went through in designing his logo and Logo Design Secrets (and any other links that you found especially helpful). What parts of these processes did you use in your work. Please explain and be specific.
I made my design simple and I feel that it portrays the essence of my company because the name is duel, which shows that we sell two things. The two things are shown in the word Duel, so I feel it’s simple yet very effective.
3.
Overall, what three important concepts have you learned about logo design? Explain why they are important to your future work?
I learned that your design should be original. A copyrighted design is not interesting and does not work as effective or memorable. I also learned the design should fit the audience the company is trying to target. Logo’s don’t work if they are for adults but have a kid like feel to them. And I also learned that logos are not effective if they can not work small or in black and white.
4.
Review the criteria and the process of designing a logo, please rate your final logo design, 1-4 (4 is the highest). Please explain why your work deserves the rating.
I feel that my design should be a 3.5. My design flows very well and I feel that it fits all the factors that I said above that makes a good design. This includes being original, fits small and black and white, and it fits the designed target audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment