Monday, March 16, 2009

How did you improve your designs, based on the feedback that you received from your peers? Please be specific...
The feedback that I got were very similar so I knew exactly what I needed to change. I needed to make my design more richer and distinct, and to do that I just darkened my letters and made it neater.

What three important things did you learn from completing this assignment? Explain why they are important to your learning as a design student?
I learned how to take a different approach to different assignments. I began to do my design on the computer but I felt there were too many restrictions to it and I didn’t like it, so I moved to drawing on paper. I think this improved my design skills because it allowed me to expand my knowledge and try different things.
I also learned how to make a point without being blunt about it. I, myself didn’t do this, but while looking at others’ designs I noticed a lot of them had a meaning that wasn’t straight forward to being with. For example the carbon footprint one I really loved because the background behind google was a big green footprint. Before this I had always made my images so obvious, but this made me see that sometimes going outside the box works better.
One other thing I learned was how to transfer images. While doing my design I found multi images from the internet and printed them then used the light board to trace them therefore becoming my own. This became very helpful when I wanted to draw a perfect palm tree with little time. This is important because design students should know how to use their resources.

Listed below are the criteria for this assignment. Based on the criteria, how successful do you feel your designs are? Please assign each design a number between 1 & 4 (4 is the highest). Justify your decision for each of your designs.

My beach design I felt is a 3.5. I made all my letters noticeably say Google while having it be simple. Since my drawing is done free hand I easily avoided any copyright issues and this allowed it to be very different from my classmates. The only part that I feel I’m lacking is the theme part. I don’t feel like my designs differs from today’s world, but I was trying to get the point across that I wanted the entire world to be sunny and by the ocean indirectly. So I know I didn’t fully over exceed, but I really do like design and I feel that I was almost there.











My other design I also felt was a 3.5. Again, I feel I messed up on the theme. This design does not have a direct theme, it’s just overall what I want for the world: to recycle, allow gay marriages, stop destroying the rainforest, and to have school supplies provided for all children world wide. I couldn’t pick just one theme, so I mixed them all together. But I do feel my design fits the rest of the criteria therefore is right above the meets the standards category.

No comments:

Post a Comment